Rev. Blair Lewis
- Rev. Blair Lewis, originally of Prince Edward Island, was ordained in 1976. He first served in an amalgamated six-point charge in the province and since 1996 he has been the staff chaplain at the Queen Elizabeth 2 Health Sciences Center in Halifax.
- His accreditations include Specialist Certification in Pastoral Care with The Canadian Association for Pastoral Practice and Education and clinical training in palliative care in Montreal. A program on Building Skills in Transitional Ministry, which he completed this year, will serve him well as he returns to the pastorate. Also, he has been active on Halifax Presbytery, Maritime Conference and Capital Health committees.
- Blair and his wife Ruth, who have four grown children, are excited about Blair’s call to Bathurst and this new chapter of His ministry.
- Organist and Choral Director since Nov. 1996.
- Piano studies 1973-1981 (L'École Vincent-D'Indy, Montreal program, Gr.7 RCM equivalent)), with various Bathurst teachers affiliated with the Notre Dame de Sacre Coeur convent.
- Pipe organ studies under the direction of Mr. Joseph A. MacDonald; began playing for summer worship services at First United and South Tetagouche United churches at the age of 15 yrs.
- Member of various community choral groups since childhood. A member of the ladies' choral ensemble, Take Note, since 2003.
- Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner by profession.
Isabel is a native of the Bathurst area and is a graduate of Bathurst High School following which she went to Moncton to continue her education.
Isabel has a background in accounting as well as office adminstration having spent the past number of years working with the training department at a local contact center.
She is a member of the senior choir here at First United as well as one of the vocalists in the local band, Country Roots.
Isabel joined the staff of First United , May 4,2009